Chicken is transformed into a sticky and sweet delight overnight with a simple marinade made with soy sauce, sesame oil, runny honey, ginger and garlic. Cook on the BBQ until charred, or for cooler weather, use a griddle pan.
- 4 x 100g skinless and boneless chicken fillets
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. runny honey
- 2 dstsp. sesame oil
- 3 thin slices fresh peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thinly slice the garlic cloves. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, runny honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken fillets, turn to coat in the marinade then cover the bowl with cling wrap.
- Marinade the chicken in the fridge overnight. When youre ready to cook the chicken, put the excess marinade in a small saucepan. Boil the marinade for 5 minutes.
- Heat a BBQ to a medium high heat, then lightly oil the cooking grate. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes on either side, basting with the marinade whilst cooking.